Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunshiny Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday! The festivities started Friday night when Jake brought home 24 red roses. Saturday morning my mom came over and power-washed my house and deck for the summer.  She brought some chocolate chip scones, some earrings, a shirt and a tjmaxx gift card with her.  She knows me too well ;)  Jake had a temple trip with the youth so he was off after making some french toast for us.  We all got ready and headed over to viking fest in Poulsbo to watch carly dance.  It was a beautiful sunshiny day to be outside.  After the dancing we went back to the Gorman house and waited for Jake to get home. That night we went out to Spiro's and ate outside in the warm sun then had the whole family over for some red velvet cake (made by Jake) and icecream. Matt and Nicole bought me the movie Taken, LOVE IT! and the Fry's gave me a SHOPPING SPREE! Don't know what I'll use the cash for yet but I can't wait, I love shopping at antique stores and stuff so I'll post on what the prize is later!

Today was another beautiful day.  After church Jake and I pulled out our giant cot and set it up in our driveway to soak up some sun.  I'm sure with the power washer still out and toys strewn all over the driveway we looked a lil' trashy laying in a cot but hey, it was awesome. Now as I sit on my couch with my warm pink skin I really feel as if summer has begun.  I can't wait for the sunshine this summer.  I can't wait for a summer without being pregnant or having a brand new baby that has to be indoors.  

Oh, and I can't  wait to use the new speakers for the laptop from Jake.  Now I can watch the office while running on the treadmill!!!!!!!  A pound a week till "Beach Week". Which is appx. 10 weeks away. 

6 comments:

Brandon & Megan said...

You DO NOT need to lose any weight you crazy head! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am so so sorry I forgot I was planning on sending a card and then my sister called and asked me to come down for the week and I just completely forgot about EVERYTHING. I really need to call and talk to you just to catch up so when is a good time for you? I don't want to interrupt anything.

We love you guys! Give the boys kisses for us!and tell your families hi!

Scott and Stacia said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like it was a good one! Enjoy all those great gifts!

We are Office watchers here too...but we prefer the couch :)

Downtown Browns said...

Happy Birthday. I had the thought the other day, "isn't it Rachel's birthday soon" Well It sounded like a fun day. What is "beach week"? Are you going on a vacation?
Oh and we're excited to see you! I told jared and he said I was just thinking about them.:)

ellsworth family said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Tiffani said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! What a great family. It sounds like your hubby pulled out all the stops. Go Jake! Glad to hear that it was so happy - you deserve it!

Britt said...

happy birthday rachel.
P.S i am brandon's sister.
:)