Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

I've never had a "White Christmas" and this probably doesn't technically count but it's now 1 in the afternoon, and it's white out. We woke up to the normal cloudy Washington sky but then it started snowing a BUNCH about an hour or so ago. It's a White Christmas now!!!!!

It is also Cooper's first Christmas and although he is only 7 months old (almost) and doesn't really know what's going on, it's a lot of fun none the less. We started this morning by stopping by the Fry's and exchanging gifts and talking to Jake's brother Dan on the phone who is currently serving his mission in New York City. It was really good for everyone to talk to him and here his voice again. He's been out since March and looking back now that's gone by so fast....I bet Kris (Jake's mom) would think otherwise though. She always misses her boys when they're gone.

After the Fry's we came to my parent's house and opened more gifts, ate more food, and then ate some more. Right now we're all rockin' out playing Guitar Hero which is actually really fun. We'll probably spend the rest of the day eating, watching new movies and playing games together. I love Christmas....and the older I get the more I love Christmas for the family time and bonding rather than the tangible gifts and presents....I also love all the goodies and treats that come with Christmas day but I also hate them as I get older because I have less control over how my backside reacts to all the sugary goodness. No matter what though, I keep eating :)

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Christmas as Jake and I and that you are all enjoying today with people you love. Merry Christmas!!!

5 comments:

Stacey Jensen said...

Merry Christmas!! Man do we miss you guys already. It isn't the same coming in to work and knowing you are so far away. I can't just run by and see you. Good thing for phones, email, texts, letters, and of course blogs. We love you guys and hope your New Years is wonderful.

Angela said...

We hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!!! We are now officially in Las Vegas as of last night!! We miss you guys! Hope you have a great new years!!

Laura said...

Finally! an update, I did teach you well ;) I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Ours was good too. There was one point when we were driving home from Lehi and had just got into Rexburg that we were down by porter park and I got sad then Stuart got sad and said "I was just going to ask if you wanted to drop by Jake and Rachel's..." I had thought the same thing. We were both sad.

PS. Happy Birthday Yesterday, Jake! We miss you, friends.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey, I just found you on here! SO nice to see you again! It looks like fun things are happening for you--yeah for the first Christmas with your little guy. That is always so fun. Feel free to check out our blog--would love to hear from you!

Stephanie said...

I found you on Laura's blog. It's so fun to feel somewhat connected to you especially because I never expected it. I LOVE BLOGS! Where in Washington are you? Jake and I are in Portland Oregon. Can't wait to hear more about what's going on in your life. And post more pictures of that little baby! What a sweetie!