Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandma and Aunt Rhonda's visit

My mom's mom and sis came to visit a couple of weeks ago for what was supposed to be a week but ended up being two.  It was under crummy circumstances but I was really happy to have them  here for the extra time.  My aunt Rhonda was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer this past summer and has been battling ever since.  When they got here she had just had a chemo treatment the week before which makes you feel like crap about a week after the treatment.  That's right about the time they got to WA.  Rhonda had to go and stay in the hospital for a few days to get up to par for the trip home to Utah.  I loved having them here and seeing them again. The last time we saw them was back in October (Rhonda) and in June (G-ma). Jack was just starting to smile here and there around the time they came...but it was always a guaranteed smile when G-ma talked to him in her little goo goo voice.  Very cute to watch :) The pictures are from the day they got here and met Jack for the first time.

1 comment:

Downtown Browns said...

I was actually wondering about your aunt and how she was doing. I have a good friend from High School that was diagnosed with luekimia last year and just found out that he has days to live. So sad. I hope your aunt is doing good!!!