Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quote of the decade

So last night Jake and I were on our way home from the adult session of stake conference and we just HAD to stop for gas and there HAPPENED to be a Dairy Queen right there.  As we were making our way through the drive through we saw the Thompsons inside getting a little treat too.  My thought was, hey, she's pregnant, I'm nursing, and our husbands are just really supportive of our extra calorie needs :)

We ordered our blizzards and when the girl handed them out to us, Jake's first words were, "holy crap, these are smaller than the smalls I remember." I think his hungry eyes were playing tricks on him.  We went on our way and I ate mine while I was driving so obviously Jake would finish his before me....But boy was I surprised at how fast he ate it.  When I made fun of him for scarfing the thing down, his reply was, "Hey back off, I take bigger bites and my mouth is hotter." I laughed the whole way home.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

that is so funny. I was laughing when we saw you guys in the drive threw...I totally thought the same thing. Husbands are the best. We shared a banana split, and I was wishing I'd got my own! (but I'm sure I'll be glad I didn't when I get weighed in this week at my appointment!)
Oh, and thanks for letting me hold Jack...he is so sweet!

Rachel Holloway said...

That is soooo funny! I love those laugh out loud for a long, long time moments. They make life so joyous!

Scott and Stacia said...

that is so funny! I would have laughed too :) Dairy Queen sounds so good right now. I so much want ice cream but we finished what we had yesterday...a trip to the store is needed for this nursing mother :)

Tiffani said...

I have to agree with Jake. I think the smalls at Dairy Queen should be called "Mini's" or something like that.

Cole said...

I can never finish my small blizzard, but the banana split doesn't stand a chance against me.

Hey, pop on over, I might have tagged you in my latest....you're it!