Monday, December 21, 2009

Changing things up a bit.

I had my first day at work today. I am taking my sister-in-law's spot at my father-in-law's dental practice. She's a good 'lil trainer and my first day was great. There are lots of things to learn at a dental office that's for sure but I think I'll catch on just fine.

It wasn't too bad considering Jake and I were up all night keeping watch over a sick boy named Cooper. He had a huge fever last night all of a sudden and slept for 15 hours with a couple of vomit episodes thrown in the mix. He seems to be on the mend today. Jake was Mr. Mom and did a great job with the boys :)

I am excited for this little change in our lives. I already know I will cherish my two little boys and time with Jake more. I also know that with this making us just a little busier, I'll probably be a more productive person as backwards as that sounds.

I do have to say it might take a little while for me to be comfortable watching some of the procedures. I sat and watched an older man get 4 rotten teeth extracted. When the teeth are full of decay, they tend to break as you're pulling them so you have to go in and cut the rest up and pull it out piece by piece. This is exactly what happened today. I got a little queasy toward the end and had to go distract myself by sterilizing some tools in the other room.

I'll be able to take it like a man in no time.

Maybe.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

You're amazing Rach. I would get queasy at the sight of four rotten teeth as well.

I just read your last post. You are oh so crafty! I want to make some hair thingys. They are way cute!