Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Much needed update


So I know it's been a month and a half. A lot has been going on. Jake got a job! for starters.....I don't know what his "official" title is but he's working for a guy who owns a few companies and is currently developing a medical park in Port Orchard, about 20 minutes away from us. Jake is the main guy for this project who gets all the stuff done. He's pretty much the middle man for the lawyers, architects, the city, etc. He absolutely loves who he's working for and the fact that he's learning from the best the things he wants to know for his own career in developing one day.

As for me I just ended this season of coaching last weekend in Portland, OR with our 18s girls club team for Olympic Premier Volleyball Club. The director seemed to like what I did so she has asked me to be the clubs new assistant director. I haven't officially said yes yet but it is a dream of mine to be in a position like that. I love coaching and being involved with young girls who love playing volleyball. The administrative part should be fun too and I've had good experience through the BYUI competitive volleyball league.

Cooper will be one on the 3rd of June. He's walking about 75% of the time and thinks that he is holding a conversation with those around him. He is just so funny! With Jake getting a job and us having one car I've been spending A LOT of time with Coop, just sitting playing and laughing at him. The weather is starting to pick up outside and I'm realizing what a boy Cooper really is. He loves sticks, dirt, grass and rocks. (All kids probably do but he makes sword noises with his sticks) He is non-stop, unless you're reading him a book. He loves his books, otherwise he would never stop to listen to a word you say.

We've got a few plans this summer, kind of, I think....

-We will be in Boise Memorial Day weekend for Jakes cousin's (Sarah) wedding
-I will be traveling with my mom for my cousin's (Andrew) wedding which will include a detour to Boise, Paige in Rexburg and Yellowstone National Park
-I might go with my dad in July to pick Paige up from school.

This is all pending so far but I'm looking forward to the trips.

The picture of Cooper is from Easter but it's whats on the computer at my parents right now.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah I'll say you needed to update us! I'm so glad things are going so well! Congrats on the volleyball position! That's so great! Miss you guys!! Wish we could come be a part of Coop's big day! Give him a big hug from us!

Jeff and Carol said...

Yay! An update!! :) We're glad to hear that you guys are doing so well. Cooper is so stinkin' handsome! We should get the kiddies together sometime!!

ellsworth family said...

Sounds like things are going great! And Cooper is getting so big. Enjoy your summer travels!
~Kersten Ellsworth

Downtown Browns said...

We're glad Jake found a job. In a good city too!:) Cooper is so cute. If you need a cheap place to stay while you're in the area, I know a great place!:) You're welcome here anytime! Also I know of a great hotdog stand in Rigby... best hotdogs you'll ever have!!

alma and nicole smith said...

he's getting so big! great to hear what you guys are up to and that all is well.

Matt 'n' Lisa said...

Hi Rachel, Jake, and scooter! It was so great to talk with you the other day! Cooper is sooo cute! We sure do miss you guys!

Stacey Jensen said...

Hurray!!! You blogged!! I am so excited to see Mini Coop. He is so adorable. Paige showed me the video of him dancing the other day. I laughed so hard I started to cry. He is a doll for sure. I am really excited for you guys and the jobs you have (or offers). If you end up in Rexburg you better stop by. We love you and miss you guys so much. Kiss the Mini Coop and tell him Happy Birthday little man.

Scott and Stacia said...

I love that you updated us!! Now if only I could get someone to update my blog!! Congrats on the jobs!! Love the picture!!