Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Four years...The best four years of my life!

Rachel,

I know I dont blog well...actually I never blog and I hope to heck this will work the way I want it to. As I was thinking about our last four years, the only things I could remember were the REALLY good times we have had. We dont have much money, a beautiful house, fast cars or perfect children (although I could make a strong argument our kids are next to perfect...at least better and cuter than other people's...from my perspective) but we still find happiness in our lives. We arent perfect, yet we find ways to uplift each other. Our jobs, titles, money and hobbies dont define who we are; rather OUR FAMILY is the defining light in our lives. The best part of waking up is knowing that I get to see your face and kiss you goodbye. I watch the clock for work to end because thats when my day really starts...I get to see my family - Thats how you know you have everything you need in life.

Though I havent achieved the GENIUSNESS I have always planned (yet), I have found a GREATER LOVE and PURPOSE then I could have ever imagined.

Thanks for being who you are; beautiful, loving, caring, charismatic, super hott, don't forget Foxy, patient, tolerant, genuine, passionate, supportive and most of all a great wife and mother. I love you. Check out the clip...just a few fun moments we've shared that I REALLY REALLY LOVED.

I love you!

12 comments:

Tiffani said...

Sniff sniff...good job jake. What a great anniversary present. I'm impressed. And I think you get major points in heaven Rachel for going to mutual on your anniversary. We love you guys!

Rachel Holloway said...

wow!!What a fun slide show! Happy Anniversary! Lots has happened and in looks like you guys enjoyed almost every minute of it!

As for my camera, I have a Nikon d90. I've only had it for about a year, but I really love it. If you have more questions, feel free to email me. hollowayfam(at)yahoo.com

Stacey Jensen said...

I cried through the entire thing. I love you guys so much. You really are so amazing. Know that we miss you and think the world revolves around you. You are so amazing!!!

Lydia Story said...

Such a sweet post and slideshow Jake! Happy Anniversary!!

Brandon & Megan said...

OMG! Jake you are so sweet! I cried through the entire thing!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Can't wait to see you in September~

Rob said...

When Greg Leach learned that you were going to be my son-in-law he told me I had won the jackpot. He was right but more for Rachel than me. I'm proud of you both and what you have achieved - perspective and a true value for what's important.

The Frandsens said...

I just to agree, you have out done yourself Jake! congrats on the anniversary!

Angela said...

Happy anniversary guys love the video!

Downtown Browns said...

Very Cute!!!
I noticed that there were a lot of Rachel pregnant with Cooper and not so much with Jack. Isn't that funny how there are SO MANY more pictures of the first pregnancy!!!
Anyways.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope it was a good one!! Good luck next year Jake on the "surprise"; this one was a pretty good one!!:)
We miss you guys! Hopefully we'll get over to WA before the year is up!!!

Em and TJ said...

Okay seriously...Jake definately scored some points! Good job and very sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Scott and Stacia said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I loved the video!

Chad and Sarah said...

Congratulations guys! I remember when Jake called and told me you were engaged, I was super happy! You guys are awesome and I would like to add that I am SUPER happy that you ended the slideshow with a quote from Moulin Rouge. Happy anniversary!

Love your cous, Sarah