Monday, February 18, 2008

Job Interview

A guy from a company named Rinchem called Jake this morning to conduct a phone interview. He gave them his resume at the BYU job fair a couple of weeks ago. We happened to be driving out to Port Orchard when he called so I had the opportunity to sit and listen to Jake interview. From my perspective I thought Jake interviewed really well. He is SO GOOD with those kinds of things. It's funny because he stumbles over his words a lot when we're just talking or being "normal" but when he's on the spot in something like an interview he can really sell himself well. We'll see if this guy gives us a call back.

Jake also recently applied for a job with Del Sol, the company he did his internship with. It's a corporate position, the fourth one that he's applied for with them and we heard back from them for the first time on this one. We'll see what comes next......

We went out to Chucky Cheese's today with my mom, brother and sister. I haven't been there since forever ago and it was just as I remembered it, well....maybe not as cool as I remember it being. It was a lot like going to the county fair, crazy with kids running around everywhere trying to win crappy prizes....and "carny" looking parents....hahaha.

However, it was fun playing some of those games and I agree with our friends Jared and Ali, it would be super sweet to set up a ski ball tourney at that place some day.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Good luck with the job stuff! That can be hectic and probably feels like it is taking forever!

And about Chucke Cheese--give Cooper a few years and you guys will LOVE that place--if for no other reason than you get 45 minutes of sheer joy watching your kids run around like crazy!

Stacey Jensen said...

I am anxious to find out how things go. Keep me posted. Man we miss you guys so much. Kiss the mini-Coop for me and remember if you are ever back in Rexburg you have a place to stay.

Scott and Stacia said...

So crazy because I told Scott I found the Lawther's blog and he said now do the Fry's have one. Check everyones for the Fry's. So that is exactly what I did with him looking over my shoulder. He spotted it before I did. Lets just say we are happy we found you guys! So where are you? Congrats on the birth of Cooper...now how old is he? Jacen just turned a year on February 8th. Check out our blog sandsphillips.blogspot.com and please email us snanderson7@yahoo.com. Good luck with the job! Hope you guys hear back so soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the close-up picture at the bottom of the page-he's so handsome! I hope that something works out with the job. That will be us in a few months... Take care!