Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Jack

Jack has recently started the whole separation anxiety phase and while Cooper never did this and I much appreciated it, I sorta like it with Jack. He is so snuggly and such a love bug. He wants to be held much more than Cooper ever did and he's ok with laying his head on you even if it means missing what's going on in the room. I love that about him.

He's also turned into a genius this week. I was emptying the dishwasher and Cooper was helping me, well Jack wanted in on the fun and came over and picked one piece of silverware at a time and handed it to me. And today he found a plastic bucket and I gave him some chopsticks and he played the drums. Are second children typically quicker at picking up those little things because they have a sibling to watch do everything? It's not like they get as much as #1 did because well, there's two of them. So they have to sit and observe way more than the oldest ever did. So does this make them better learners? I wonder.

Something else that Jack does that makes him Oh-so-cute is that he licks his lips a lot. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that he would probably eat until he passed out (he's a fatty) or that he likes the feeling, or he has chapped lips or what....But it's adorable.

2 comments:

Rob said...

When you were having your Twilight party Friday, I was with Chad, Jake and the boys at the ward's pie-night. Jack was with me and I got to experience the same snuggly thing. He was happy to be with me, share my pie and fall asleep on my chest - sweet.

Sydney said...

So cute! I love it when they turn into little helpers. Holden's new thing is fastening the little velcro closures on his tennis shoes... it melted my little heart the first time he did it! ♥