Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quarantine

First off...It is amazing what a shower, toothbrush and a little bit of mouthwash can do for you when you're feeling super crummy. Having a house full of sickies is not so fun. Everyone is tired, grumpy, icky and bored. Not a good combination. We won't ever know if we've got the H1N1 but it is most definitely the flu bug. Luckily good 'ol Cooper hasn't shown any symptoms as of late. He is still the little tornado in our house like always (which at moments throughout the day almost makes it harder). Jack has had a fever which has made him extra snugglie and we love that part. Poor Jake has broken a fever 4 times now since Friday. I have had all symptoms but to the least degree which has been fortunate for all of us. We all know that when the family is sick...mom takes care of them. And when mom gets sick too, she's still in charge. I feel lucky to be hangin' in there so well.

Since we didn't go to church today, we watched a bunch of Mormon Messages on you tube. This message titled "Create" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf is the latest and I just love it.

A lot of times (especially this weekend) I feel useless and dull. But then I look at my two babies and realize I AM pretty creative...I grew those babies! And they look a lot like us! And so far, they are turning out to be great little boys and I know that it is with the help and influence of the gospel in our lives and the spirit of the Lord which is in our home, even when people are puking and grumpy. "Create" was a good reminder of that.

I am so thankful for the time we have had to slow down this weekend and just be together and not go anywhere. I am thankful for the power of the priesthood and the blessing Jake and Dad were able to give a restless sick Jack last night. And I will be very thankful when we all get our energy back so we can continue playing together.

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Ahhh Rachel...I didn't know you guys are all sick. That stinks! It's so true that mom's don't get to be sick. I hope you're all doing better. Let me know if I can do ANYthing!

Tiffani said...

P.S. Forogt to say THANK YOU for posting that link to Elder Uchtdorf's message. I watched it and loved it! And I love what you said about looking at your kids and being a mommy. I needed to hear that today!

Angela said...

I'm sorry you guys are all sick! Hope you feel better soon!!

Scott and Stacia said...

Hope you guys get better soon!!!