Friday, November 13, 2009

Poo problems

I'm having a really hard time getting Cooper to poop on the toilet. He's been in pull-ups for about two weeks now peeing like a champ on the potty but I CANNOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME get him to poop in the toilet.

I've had him sit there for a half hour at a time and practice farting hoping that poop will follow. When I'm fed up I let him down and no more than an hour later he's hiding somewhere pooping under a table or something.

I've tried EXTRA hard to constantly be aware and not give him opportunity to hide and poop but the first moment I slip, he does it AGAIN!

What a smart and tricky little boy!....He used to get candy every time he peed but now he only gets it when he poops, and he hasn't had candy since Halloween. Any tips??

4 comments:

Jeff and Carol said...

I had the same problem with Heath. I just stuck him in underwear and let him mess himself a few times. He didn't like the feeling of it,(and it really sucked cleaning up..), but he caught on.

Tori (2 1/2) doesn't want anything to do with the potty yet. ARGH!

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out if we can go to the 4th ward dinner. Jeff's work schedule SUUCKS. But I hope we can!! :D

Laura said...

I've heard that setting a timer to go off every 15 minutes and taking the kid to the toilet then can help but I don't know. The constant regularity might help... or bribery.

Brits said...

I made Ashlyn clean up her own poop. She had to dump it in the toilet and everything. Laziness wins out every time.

Stacey said...

oh the joys of parenthood. can't wait.