Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cute story

Well yesterday was my day off from training, ha. I have vowed to not go two days in a row without a run/walk.

In other news (since there obviously is more to my life than this lofty goal of mine) I have a cute little story from work yesterday. I was sitting at the reception desk and a young family was sitting in the waiting room: Dad, mom and 5ish year old daughter. Mom and Dad were reading magazines and the daughter was rummaging around through the kids books and made her way to the little table with a bible, a book of mormon and some LDS pass along cards. She picked up a card with a picture of Jesus on it and showed it to her parents and said, "Look! It's Jesus!" Her parents had these stunned faces as her mom basically was like, "Yeah, it is! Good job!....I'm surprised you know that!" And her dad was joking about how the daughter found Jesus in a dentist's office.....

I wanted so badly for her parents to talk to her more about it but they went right back to their magazines. It was too bad but my heart was full at that moment watching her stare at the picture for a few more long seconds before she put it back and I left for the day.

I am always amazed at the keen recognition of the Spirit that children have. They are so sensitive to it without even knowing it. It's no wonder we are instructed to become more childlike!

TODAY'S TRAINING:
2 MI. WALK/2 MI. RUN!!!
50:49

1 comment:

morg123 said...

Okay, so...I don't know if you remember me. I am Nicole Fry's cousin. We knew each other many years ago...Remember?! Anyway, I am wanting to do a half marathon this year. I have had knee issues for a long time, so I don't know how its going to go down. But my husband is a physical therapist, so I'm trying to make him fix my knees...anyway, I'm gonna stay tuned for your journey! If you remember me, and you wanna see my blog, holler back! It''s private, so email me-
morgancj3@gmail.com
Tell Jake hi!
CUTE KIDS!