Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ok fine, I'll start.....

There is this tiny off in the distance goal that I have to run a half-marathon.

That's it. I haven't planned it out. I know of races coming up this year, just like every other year. That's the problem. They come every year so if I miss out this year it's kinda like, Oh well, maybe next time. But this year is an important one because currently I'm not pregnant and I don't plan on it anytime in 2010. My kiddos are getting easier to take care of.....well that's not true but you know what I mean. I have a lot of drive to do a lot of things this year but for some reason exercise and running just isn't kicking in for me. We have an awesome treadmill and we've even taped a picture of Dara Torres on it cause let's face it, she's a total fitness bombshell babe. Jake wouldn't mind looking a little more like her either. I like working out. It just takes time. It's hard for me to wake up before my kids do because, well I'm tired. I'd love to get the workout done in the morning because heaven knows there's no way I will get it done at night when all I want to do is relax. Listen to me, I sound like a lazy bum. I'll admit it, I kinda am but in my defense, I have kids. It's no excuse but it sure is a good reason.

So in order to be held more accountable for this very desirable but hardly attainable goal of mine, you will be hearing about my progress. And I would like to run the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon on June 26th. If I register before 2/28 it's only $85. So I'll take the next month or so to try and get myself started. Pump me up! I need it! And if anyone else wants to jump on the bandwagon do it with me! It'd be fun......well, once we finish it will be :)

For starters, today Jake and I along with the kiddos took a nice brisk 4 mile walk. Watch out Dara....

4 comments:

Christina said...

This fatty would like to take you up on your offer. I need short term goals (half marathon, check) visual reminders (picture of Gina Carano taped to my fridge to keep me away from the cheese, check.) and some friendly competition to kick my as...ahem bum into gear. (you, check.)

Lets dooo this.

Stacey said...

Rach...good thing you already look AMAZING. You're like the hottest mom I know...

Good luck on your half marathon. I joined a gym here in Utah and am paying for it, so I HAVE to go; can't waste the money, right?

Muffin said...

No WAY!!! Chris and I have been talking about this very race! We will probably be coming to Seattle that third week in June for a reunion and we I am trying to encourage Chris and his cousin, Mary, to run in the race. That would be a blast!

I hardly doubt I could do it, especially if I get pregnant this year.

But you go girl! Good luck! Maybe I'll see you there!

Em and TJ said...

One of my student's parents is going to do it and asked me to do the Rock n Roll too, but I don't know...I would much rather do a tri (which is in my plans again, if you want to do it with me) than RUN the whole thing...but my little brain is thinking about it! Can you run with an IPod because you can't when you do triathlons. I couldn't do 13 miles without someone by me or music to groove to, haha!