Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dream Job

Yesterday Jake asked me what my dream job would be. It could be anything, anywhere, I would be totally qualified, etc. I thought about it for a sec and came up with some hot shot editor or someone like that working at a big magazine in NYC. Is that completely shallow of me? I think I've been watching too many movies and reading too many books with main characters holding these oh so glamorous and dramatic jobs. There's something a bit appealing about the hectic rush, short deadlines, trendy shoes, weekend getaways, workaholism, riding the subway from my penthouse apartment over looking central park, screaming bosses, witchy backstabbing co-workers and a super hott mail guy or something. Ha :)

Jake is reading this over my shoulder and just asked if this was my fantasy. "I can do mail," he says. HA!

Anyway. I'm glad I don't have that option. I love my job. I love being a momma and wifey. I love living in a smallish town close to a biggish city. I love the slow, lazy days that grace us ever so often and the freedom to go out and explore together without being tied down by 'the man'. I'm pretty sure I actually have my dream job right now :)

2 comments:

The Frandsens said...

I love this, you are exactly right! Yesterday we didn't have anything going on and it was a loooong day. But reading this reminds me, I wouldn't have it any other way. So thanks for the reminder!

Rachel Holloway said...

I think you're exactly right!!

Although, I have had those same thoughts in regards to the high profile job in the city. Sounds SO nice some days... :)